Here at Material, we’re innovating every day to help you (and your store!) grow and succeed. We have some pretty big updates for y’all this week, with everything from custom domain names to new SEO functionality. Here’s a complete list of everything you have to look forward to.
Quick note: You must upgrade your theme to the current version in order to take advantage of many of the features listed below.
Your Store Info — which was previous accessibly through the Dashboard header menu — is now a tab on the Store Settings page. As a reminder, here’s what you can edit from your Store Info tab:
• Store Name & Domains: This is where you can change your store name, email and domain. (Your store email and the email for your Material account are separate. Your store email will appear as the sending address of all emails sent from your store.)
New feature: It’s now possible to change the name of your store and the included “.mymaterial.com” domain separately. This is where you can create custom domains with Material Plus!
• Logo and Favicon: Get branded: this is where you can upload your logo and favicon to further customize your store.
• Store Location: Here’s where you can add your store location to set your tax nexus and calculate taxes for your store. (No need to worry about privacy: your address isn’t actually visible on your site itself.)
We have lots of new functionality on the SEO tab! Check out these great updates that you (and Google) are sure to love. (Need some help with SEO? Check out our handy guide!)
• Homepage SEO: Now you can add title tags and meta descriptions to your homepage for use on search engine results pages. After entering a title tag and meta description, you’ll see a preview of your search result on Google.
• Google Analytics: You can now add a Google Analytics tracking ID to connect your store to Google Analytics. (Read more about using GA here!)
• Verification Tags: Add site verification code for Google, Bing or Pinterest. Verification meta tags are automatically generated from these codes and inserted on store pages.
• Canonical Links: Aside from the Store Settings updates, every page in your store now has an automatically generated canonical link. If you are using a custom domain, the canonical link uses the custom domain instead of the mymaterial domain.
Social Media Accounts
You can now add social media accounts to your store! When entering accounts, be sure to use a fully qualified URL (including the http://).
Material now features a Payments tab, so you can easily and efficiently manage your Stripe integration.
Excited about these updates? So are we! Now let’s get you selling.